Thursday, June 4, 2015

Compost Pile, Dirt, and Online Donations

The Earth Club has taken the sod and created a compost pile for us!
We had more sod than we needed, so that will be mulched and used to fill the bottom of the garden.

I have discovered that Angelo's in Wixom offers free fill dirt if we pick it up, so I'll be brainstorming a way to make that happen in the next few weeks! I have also applied for another grant through one of my former students. Fingers crossed! If we can use fill dirt to raise the bed, that will save us costs on topsoil.

The district is behind our project 100% and plans to have an online donation platform set up by next Friday, June 12. You can bet that I will be posting that information as soon as I have it!

Thanks to all of you who have offered your time and money to help make this garden a reality - I am humbled by your generosity and support.



No comments:

Post a Comment